While I don’t implicitly mention it, my currently serialized interactive fiction story/game Finding the Dragon’s Mate is loosely based on the bakunawa and moon myths. It was a lot of fun naming characters based on figures in local mythology.
- Kun – Bakunawa (serpent/dragon)
- Mayari – Mayari (moon goddess)
- Liya – Haliya (Bicolano goddess of the moon)
- Bulan – Bulan (Bicolano moon deity)
- Yna – Ynabuyan (moon deity)
- Dagan – Dagancahuy (moon deity)
(Apologies for citing just the one website but I’m not in the headspace to look for more resources. Maybe I’ll have others in my next post about this project!)
I’d love to one day write an urban fantasy based on local myths in novel form, maybe once I’ve completed one of my current serials. It will probably be Unmasking Mr. Darcy as it’s the closest to completion (we’re currently at chapter 42).